Every year we photograph many headshots for Medical Residency application. Most of the students come in and say, “We were told in class to get a professional portrait. I asked my friend to take a few. I wasn’t really happy with the way they turned out that’s why I’m here.” When the session is finished and they have the photo they say. “Now I know why they told us to get a professional headshot!”
A headshot for your Medical Residency application is one the most important headshots for your career, it is one of the things that are considered by the team of doctors who will evaluate your application. Of course your grades and work are very important, but if the decision is between two equal applicants you have to ask yourself what might give you that special edge make them think twice about you.
What goes into a medical residency photo that makes an impression?
The technical part like lighting, background, posing and professional cropping to the correct size is all on me, the photographer. The expression is work between you and me. It’s so important for you to show your confidence, intelligence, and approachability. You want to come across differently according to the specialty you are applying for. For example, you may want to be represented more friendly and approachable if your specialty is pediatrics than if you are in neurosurgery.
Your Professional Portrait Session
Here is how I photograph professional portraits:
• We first discuss your portrait, your vision, specialty etc.
• I have different backgrounds you can choose from.
• I will take about 10-30 different photos and maybe more if you have different clothes to change into or a different look.
• I will display the images on my computer screen for you to choose.
• You will chose the pose(s) you like.
• I will then do some basic retouching (eye circles and bags etc.) on the chosen portrait(s) with you present.
• The maximum file size accepted for your application is 100 KB and the photograph must be no larger than 2.5 by 3.5 inches in size, in addition I can give you a high resolution and a web resolution of the retouched photo(s). I can also provide you with a cropping for your LinkedIn profile.
You may also bring a change of clothing; shirt, jacket, etc. if you are not sure what to wear then choose the one you like.
This process takes about 1 hour.
I provide a quality service at a reasonable price. A studio session ranges from $160 – $350. Call or email for details. You will receive your headshot(s) at the end of the session. Same day service is available.
For pricing and availability call us at: (650) 690-2092 or
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org